Nobody's Fool

"Every teacher dislikes some pupils-the cheeky lipsticked adolescent girls, the sullen, hangdog youths, the cocky vulgar little comedians, how loathsome they can be, all the more so because they do it deliberately." -Gilbert Highet (American Educator, Author, and Social Critic)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Guess Who's Back...Back Again...

Yeah, so it's been awhile. A LONG while...

Since I've posted, as most of you know, I have obtained a full-time job (with no benefits) as an elementary long-term music substitute. It's been going great- I love the students I work with, and I think I'm going to get the full-time general music instructor position next fall.

But, on to more recent things- like what I did today, on one of my many days off for Spring Break.

I woke up at 8:00am and cleaned my entire apartment!! I'm talking dusting, vacuuming, and everything. At 11:30am, I decided to go somewhere, so I hopped into my car and looked at the map. I was looking east of Madison, as I've wanted to go wandering eastward ever since I moved down here. My eyes looked toward Spring Green (home of House on the Rock), and I sketched out an eastward-bound route. Besides the awful smells on the way there and the way back, the trip was pretty uneventful. The coolest part was when I stopped at a scenic outlook and got to see the House on the Rock from a distance.

But, my question is... Why do I need to travel around all of the time? Whenever I was home alone in Green Bay, I would wander up to Door County- most of the time to Peninsula State Park. I would stare across the Bay of Green Bay, over to upper Michigan. I think that I found my most moments of Zen there. I know it sounds lame, but I think I'm looking for another secluded place down here by Madison now. I think that I'm getting close- I might check out Tower Hill State Park.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this crazy young lady? Or a suggestion for a secluded place? Hit me up in the comments!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home