Nobody's Fool

"Every teacher dislikes some pupils-the cheeky lipsticked adolescent girls, the sullen, hangdog youths, the cocky vulgar little comedians, how loathsome they can be, all the more so because they do it deliberately." -Gilbert Highet (American Educator, Author, and Social Critic)

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Job Suck!

I don't like this job. It seems that most of the time that I have absolutely nothing to do, but I feel bad just sitting here. Why? Because, the majority of the times my supervisor comes into the front desk area she yells at me for something or another.

Scenario- Yesterday at 8:00 a.m.
On Monday mornings, my supervisor does orientation for the new hires. The new hires come to the front desk. So, silly me- I decide to show this new hire where to go for orientation and not bother my supervisor because she's always on the damn phone or running around somewhere. Two minutes later she comes rushing through the door and says, "Please don't send them right in. I wasn't ready for him yet." Sorry lady that I did my job and you were running five minutes late for orientation. Completely my fault.

Additionally, many people at work treat me as if I am a sub-human. Being a temp, I understand where they are coming from, but Hey People! I am a full-time general music educator! I teach your children-okay not your children- passion for music! Show some respect! :)

6 Comments:

  • At July 12, 2007 11:01 AM, Blogger Celia said…

    Everyone treats the LTE like crap...that's part of being limited term. Not sure why that is. I guess it's because they know that person will be gone soon, so they can't hold it against them for very long if they treat them like poo.

     
  • At July 12, 2007 11:13 AM, Blogger The CDP. said…

    Furthermore, most people are evil and domineering, and constantly are looking for someone to take the brunt for their shortcomings, problems and internal fears.

    People are idiots. I quit.

     
  • At July 12, 2007 11:13 AM, Blogger Sherry said…

    I will definitely appreciate my administrative assistant at Greenland more. And, when I come across any LTE, I will be sure to tell them how much they are welcomed.

     
  • At July 13, 2007 6:51 AM, Blogger Celia said…

    Here's some light reading for you while you're at work...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_gland

     
  • At July 13, 2007 6:55 AM, Blogger Celia said…

    One more for you...poor Gabey.

    http://cats.about.com/cs/healthissues/a/analglands.htm

     
  • At July 13, 2007 12:54 PM, Blogger Sherry said…

    Nice... I can only picture the look on the person's face who wants to see what I've been looking at on my computer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home